Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Going Back to Israel


Since the day I left Israel 5 years ago (after studying there for one whole semester in the IBEX program) I have wanted to go back. Since falling in love with Daniel I have wanted to take him to Israel. Since we got married we've been saving up our pennies to go travel Israel. After 2 1/2 years of marriage Daniel and I had the opportunity to travel the land of Israel for 8 days with a group from the Master's College.
The trip was led by Dr. Grisanti (an Old Testament scholar) from the Master's Seminary. There was about 19 of us in the group. Daniel's best friend (besides me of course) Jared was able to come with us as well.

I cannot tell you how much we had looked forward to this trip. We were expecting it to be a great trip and  it far exceeded our expectations. After the first day exploring the Holy Lands Daniel said to me " I wish I had done IBEX during college, I didn't know what I was missing!" I wanted to say "I told you so!" My favorite thing about this trip was seeing Daniel experience it all for the first time.

I am planning to write a blog entry for each day of our trip complete with pictures, explanations, thoughts and scripture references for anyone who might be interested in checking it out (and for my own sake so I don't forget all we saw and learned). Feel free to "subscribe" to this blog if you'd like to see the updates as they come out or else check back now and then to see what's been posted.

View of The Old City of Jerusalem from Mt. of Olives

No comments: