Okay, I promise I will get this up to date someday. I have a better, longer blog with pictures coming from the Negev trip and Ancient Israel camp out! It's hard not having a computer (mine died) and I haven't had much luck getting photos downloaded. But, I had an amazing time in the Negev wandering around in the Wilderness, swiming in the Red Sea and learned many hard lessons there and was able to do a lot of scripture reading.
Today I took the bus into Jerusalem and walked around on my own for the first time to meet up with Don and Denise Tucker! I had a lovely evening with them and their niece Karen who goes to the Hebrew University here. We had coffee and pizza in The King David Hotel. It was magnificent building and such a beautiful view! It's so great to see people here from back home. I never would have thought I'd be hanging out with Renee Lipka at the Dead Sea or having coffee in King David Hotel in Jerusalem with the Tuckers. So great.
The bus ride home by myself at night was a little scary. I missed the stop I was supposed to get off at (it was the last stop before the very last stop of the night) but the kind bus driver after turning in some paperwork drove me back right up to the entrance of the Moshav. Praise God he spoke just enough English to and said just enough in Hebrew to figure out what happened and he was kind enough to go out of his way to get me home safely.

No comments:
Post a Comment