Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life here


I think my pictures are messed up....they aren't rotating....I'll fix it soon. Yesterday I posted some pictures taken of the view around the Moshav we are living on and the Biblical Gardens on the property.

The last two days have been "normal" class days, and I'm starting to settle into some what of a routine. I am very excited about my classes! I have learned so much already, and it's not just learning, it's totally encouraging me to love my Savior and my God more and more!
My classes are Life of Christ, History of Ancient Israel, Land and the Bible, and Jewish Thought and Culture.
And speaking about Jewish thought and culture.....yesterday I got to witness a circumcision for one of the professor's first born son! That was kinda cool actually, the (Jewish guy that preformed the ceremony...I don't remember what he's called) was really interesting and he explained all the Jewish customs and Old Testament requirements for it, and he spoke the blessings and prayers in Hebrew which I just LOVE listening to!

The sounds here are so awesome. I love hearing the people talk in different languages here on the Moshav (German, Finnish, Hebrew, etc). When we were in Jerusalem we got to hear the Muslim's call to prayer being broadcast and these people chanting....that was cool but creepy too. And it was so sad really because I know their people are so serious about a religion and god that are not real and will bring them no eternal life or hope!! :(

I should be studying now. I am in the library with a beautiful view of the Judean Hill Country....and it's really distracting me so I might go walk around now! :)


No comments: