Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Destination: Samara, Russia

Tomorrow (Thursday around 5pm) I will be leaving on jet plane, heading to Russia! The circle on the map shows ya where I'll be....

What am I doing there? Teaching English to Russian kids from ages 12-22, and sharing the God's love and the hope of the Gospel with them!

Our team is putting on an ESL/Bible camp, we're working with churches in the area to bring in non-believers (as well as kids from the believing churches) to cultivate relationships with them and get them plugged into discipleship within the church in Samara. We'll be sharing the gospel daily, and have small group times with them along in addition to the ESL lessons we'll be giving them. This is the church's biggest out reach every year, they've seen much fruit from it, and because of the Russian government's tightening restrictions, this could be the last year we're able to do this!

Some ways you can be praying:

1. Safety in traveling
2. The health of the team
3. Quick adjustment to the 12 hour time difference
4. Unity within our group
5. The development of good relationships with the youth
6. Most importantly, that God would soften the hearts of the unbelieving youth, that the pastors speaking at the camp will present the Gospel clearly and effectively and that our team will have a humble attitude of service and be flexible to do whatever is asked of us.
7. Going along with these....pray we'd love unselfishly in all we do, and give God glory in all we do!

If I have Internet access while there, I will post updates of trip or pictures.....if i DON'T have Internet, I will post a summary or two (with lots of pictures of course) when I return in August!

Ephesians 6:18-20
"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

No comments: