Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jerusalem


I finally figured out how to log in again. When I got here my internet converted to Hebrew and I couldn't sign in, but I'm good now! Went to Jerusalem today for a whirlwind tour of everything. Holy cow, SO MUCH rich history, thousands of years worth of it in such a small area.
This is the Jaffa Gate. We used it to enter Jerusalem on the West side. The streets of Jerusalem were crazy. I'm sure I'll get used to it but I felt like I just wanted to stand and stare at everything to take it all in, but you can't do that or you'll get run over or people try to sell you things and such....I saw such a variety of random things today. Everything from the house where the guy who killed Robert Kennedy grew up in to the hill where Christ ascended from and will one day return to. And also the Golden Gate, where the Glory of God passed over when it left the temple, and where Christ will pass through when He comes to take Jerusalem.
I have only started one of my classes so far (Land and the Bible). My professor, Randy, is great! He knows so much and loves the Lord, the Bible and the land so much.
The Moshav we are staying on is so beautiful! There are flowers and trees blooming and it's so peaceful and quiet. The first night I met one of the professor's wives and she took me and my roommate on a walk around the Moshav. She took us to her home and to a bakery down the hill that bakes only at night but sells the most delicious bread! I think I will be stopping by there often! I like the breads here....but not much else so far. They have weird salads and vegetables with weird stuff on them at EVERY meal. So I get bread with all these yummy spreads and fresh fruit and sometimes meat if I can recognize it. I tried the raw fish....but I don't think I'll try it again. I've been getting to know the other students here better. There are some great people who came. I really like my two roommates too. They are sweet girls and we've had fun trying to set up our tiny little room.
I am very tired....and I can't remember much else right now. So I will write a better post later! I'll put more pics up on a slide show...it's hard to get them on here how I want them.
Miss you all!
-Shalom



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great you're doing well! We're SO excited for you and all that you will see and do while there! It's hard to imagine a room for 3 there...bet it's close quarters!! :)

Take care,

Curt and Dawn

Anonymous said...

That would be so cool to see where Christ is going to come back at!! I've read Ezekiel 36 a couple times in the last couple days and its all about the restoration of Israel. Its awesome to think that one day Christ will be ruling over the whole earth from there!